March 04 2013
Tagged Under : Blog Writing Tips
If you offer blog writing services, one of the biggest questions you are likely to face every day is, “how can I find new ideas for articles?” As more and more content writers write informative articles everyday, it becomes increasingly difficult to find a new and interesting topic. Things become even more difficult when you have to work under a small niche. For example, if you write “web design” related articles, how many web design tips and techniques can you share? You are bound to be exhausted after a few days. Therefore, you must find something interesting and pack the old wine in a new bottle to surprise readers.
Whether you want to write a blog post, a service page or an e-book, a good brainstorming session is always beneficial. It helps you discover new thoughts and increase your creative output. Here are a few ground rules of brainstorming that you must remember.
- Support free thinking.
- Don’t criticize any idea shared by any member of the group.
- Keep the sessions moving.
- Don’t waste your time by thinking about topics beyond your knowledge.
Mapping – It’s a simple graphic form where you write ideas and make connections between related suggestions with color codes. Here is how it can be done:
- Write down a topic in the middle of the page.
- Start writing down the words related to the main idea.
- Once you find nothing more to share, start asking yourself questions like who, what, when, where and why to generate new thoughts.
- After the entire page is filled, look for a pattern among words.
- Group the repeated or related thoughts using color codes.
- Concentrate on the groupings to realize the areas of focus for the subject you have chosen.
Brain Writing – It’s an alternative method of brainstorming that can be performed by a group of writers. Blog writing services providers can apply this technique to increase productivity. The brain writing method follows 6-3-5 style. What is that? 6 writers in each group, 3 ideas per round and every round last for five minutes. Here is how it works:
- Give a brain writing sheet to each and every participant.
- Mention a space for the topic at the top of the page and divide spaces for writing ideas.
- You can give the same topic to everyone or different topics to different members.
- Share your thoughts on paper.
- Pass the paper to the person sitting beside you. He will add more ideas based on the already shared ideas.
- Keep doing it until you get a really good topic.
Trigger method – This process is all about brainstorming as many ideas as possible. Once the ideas are shared, you have to identify the best ideas (triggers) and expand your thoughts on them. Here is how it can be done:
- Write the objective or topic.
- Ask the group to write as many ideas as possible on a paper.
- Take a break for two minutes.
- Keep doing the same thing for one minute.
In some cases, these traditional barnstorming methods will help you get exceptional results. However, if you offer blog writing in multiple countries and have overseas offices, you can try some online brainstorming tools such as Mindjet and Word Storm as well.
For content writing services, visit - www.content-writing-india.com
For latest updates, follow us on twitter: @contentwritingi
Related article – Blog Article Writing Provides Human Interaction and Camaraderie